Pages

The Royal Wedding 2011: Karma-Style's Top 10 looks

One of the unfortunate things about this Royal Wedding is out of the 1,900 guests the photographers/paparazzi only focused on a select few.  So my Top 10 is not comprehensive. As I watched live I saw so many amazing outfits. I scoured the internet for many more guest pictures but they could not be found come hell or high water..

Anyway, here are my Top 10 looks.

No.1Wills and Kate (The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge) 
Obviously!!!

Kate + McQueen = Perfection!

No.2 The Queen 
Looked simply majestic in an Angela Kelly dress and coat. She’s a Karma-Style icon.

No.3 Pippa Middleton
Sister and Bridesmaid in McQueen. Enough said.


No.4 Lady Sophie Windsor
Looked so stunning in Giorgio Armani Prive and Philip Treacy hat. The milliner had the monopoly on wearers on the day. Everyone, everywhere you looked was wearing his creations.


No.5 Tara Palmer Tomkinson
I know it’s too matchy, but I really love this Deborah Milner outfit with Philip Treacy hat. As you all know Cobalt blue is one of my fave colors. All she had to do was wear black gloves and bag and it would have been my Top 3. Her Nicholas Kirkwood studded shoes were amazing!


No.6 David and Victoria Beckham
Posh's outfit (her own design) looked better on TV. This is one of her best looks - understated glamour in 7inch Louboutins! Oh, and he looked alright too. Once David got inside he put his CBE medal on the correct side - Ooops! Not easy to understand the vast British protocol.

No.7 Isabella Calthorpe (Will's ex)
This photo doesn’t do her justice but she looked fabulous and stood out amongst the guests when I saw this outfit on TV. I think she also got away with the short skirt due to the fact her outfit was not figure hugging. She wore Matthew Williamson.


No.8 Miriam Gonzalez Durantez
I love that this lady took a risk and rocked it in Miguel Palacio. She brought flavour to the proceedings. The matching lamp in the picture is slightly distracting though! :)



No.9 Lady Sophie of Wessex
This picture is hard to focus on with Princess Anne screaming in the background! Another lady who has never looked so good. You got to hand it to Bruce Oldfield - one of Princess Diana's favourite designers. 


No.10 Princess Beatrice 
You may been thinking I've lost my mind in putting Beatrice in my Top 10, as she's getting a lot of negative press for this outfit. I loved it, the Champagne Valentino couture coat, and I am one of his biggest fans. She's a young girl who stuck to the Royal tradition of formal dress and yet gave it a fab twist with this Philip Treacy creation - Brilliant!


So what do you think of my choices? Let me know.

Just to add when I saw these three on TV, I wondered who they were. They could easily have been a Hugh Heffner Playboy bunny entourage of hot blondes. Do you know what I mean? Obviously they weren't and are the daughters of Earl Spencer - Princess Diana's nieces...all grown up now :)



Lastly how friggin' good looking are the Middletons. A new celebrity family...Good luck!


© Karma-Style 2011
All images are copyright of the relevant agencies shown on them.

5 comments:

cleverlittlebuttons said...

What a gorgeous post! It was a beautiful wedding and you have covered it really well! Love C x

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I disagree on no. 10. OK the Valentino coat was FAB but what was with the antlers????

kate said...

loved it Camille, but in agreement with the other post that pic no 10, the Antlers was awful! phillipa middleton looked the best!

Frank K Siciliano said...

Posh and Becks.. Gotta love it... I preferred some of the more understated hats.

Camillea said...

I believe the 'antlers' were her way to show a bit more of her personality. To be daring while still being a 'royal'. Poppycock I hear you all say LOL!