Pages

My Style entry into twenty-ten and a new decade!


London, 8pm, New Year’s Eve 2009

The Karma-Style theme for the night: Relaxed glamour


It all began with this Nicole Fahri leather skirt.

One of my fave winter staples, sexy and warm! Everything else had to work with it. I was determined.


So, I added a touch of bling rock chic with this ZN 100% tee – keeping it light on top.

Yes I ironed the bottom of it before wearing!


Then a Glam-POP of colour! Costume Nationale fitted silk satin blazer. Cost a bit a few years back – worth every penny though.

I prayed to the universe: “Please let no-one spill a drop of anything on this tonight!”



Next, my Gucci slingbacks (bought in Milan c.1999)..I love them so. These are living proof that it pays to look after your wardrobe.



I look a bit lop-sided don't I? Not a drop of Champagne had passed my lips at this point, honest!


 Too many things to deal with..don't move..hold in stomach and breath..smile..quick got to leave soon. Oh Geez! Anything else!

I'm tall, so a full-length shot is quite a challenge..



Another prayer: "I know I live in London but PLEASE no rain - not tonight!"



Can you read what this says? So many that night tried but no-one could..ummm I wonder why..



Wore sparkly gold hoops, no other jewellery. I'm sure you'd agree didn't need anything else. As you can see a size zero I am not.
  


The whole outfit came together perfectly I’m pleased to say, with no drama and no changes..A perfect way to enter a new decade..by the way my prayers were answered.

Hair: Tamed the 'fro
Make-up: Light and subtle

My personal style entrance into the new year and decade.


Oh yes, the bag I wore was a simple black leather (not obviously) Fendi clutch - sorry no pics, totally forgot.


So..what do you think?


p.s. This is my first WIW (What I Wore) blog. I ummed and ahhhed about publishing (because of my insecurities) want to give people who don't know me more of an insight. After all I am a fashion blogger.








3 comments:

tobes said...

omg ! rite i went vintage shoppin today and i found so many nicole farhi bags and jumpers but rhey cost quite a bit lol.......
xoxo tobes

Lacoste Ross said...

Relaxed Glamour

As it states it starts with a Nicole Fahri leather Skirt. Which you and i noth know is uber classy.

Then we come across a bling rock chic whats NEW YEAR 2010 without a bit of bling!

Then the piste de resistance the fitted satin blazer.

Who but who would know that these styles go together and they are good but of course we can all relax as its Karma-style who did the styling mainly Camillea.

Only one girl has got her button the pulse and that is Camillea of Karma-Style

CHECK HER OUT

Yohanna@Aklamation Photography said...

Love the look Camille!!
stay beautiful!